Log in

Do I need a social security number/medical insurance? Do I need one?

If you are a non-EU student or you don’t have a European social security number (Health Insurance Coverage) you are obliged to get one. The so-called “Seguridad Social” entitles you to get public healthcare in Spain and the EU. You can get this number at the Administración de la Seguridad Social (Av. Gran Via Carles III 124 8034 Barcelona).

The following documents are needed:

  • Your Spanish Student Residence Card (‘Tarjeta de Autorización de Estancia por Estudios') (original and photocopy)
  • Your passport or ID (original and photocopy)

Request Additional Information

Your request
was successfully accepted

Insights that will change the way you think about the world. Subscribe to get daily updates.